KATHAK QUIZ - APR 2019
TRUE OR FALSE
(1) Sāttvik Abhinaya is considered to be the most complete form of Abhinaya.
(2) Lāsya movements are forceful and vigorous.
(3) Patāka literally means 'peacock'. In this gesture all fingers are straightened and kept close to one another.
(4) A standard series of Bols that form the rhythmic basis of Tablā accompaniment for a given Tāl that repeats again and again is called Thekā.
(5) Teentāl has one Tāli
(6) Jhaptāl thekā is as follows:
Dhā Dhi Nā | Dhā Tu Nā |
(7) The first beat of any Tāl is called Khāli
(8) In Nritta Hasta Matang the hand moves upward from Utpatti and then hand glides down, back to Utpatti.
(9) Āmad means ‘entrance’
(10) TeenTāl is a 12 beat rhythmic time-cycle