KATHAK QUIZ - AUG 2018
TRUE or FALSE
(1) Lasya literally means 'peacock'. In this gesture all fingers are kept close to one another.
(2) Tāl movements are forceful and vigorous.
(3) The first beat of any Tāl is called Sam
(4) A Tāl has a fixed tempo.
(5) Āvartan is a cycle of a Tāl
(6) Dādrā is a 15 beat rhythmic time cycle.
(7) Āngika Abhinaya is considered to be the most complete form of Abhinaya
(8) The Benaras Gharana of Kathak was founded by Pt. Durga Lal
(9) Lari always ends with a Kavitt
(10) Cool down includes pace control, breathing and long stretches