KATHAK QUIZ - JAN 2018
TRUE OR FALSE
(1) Tāndava movements are forceful and vigorous.
(2) Jhaptāl is a 12 beat rhythmic time-cycle
(3) Typical bols associated with khanda jāti are: ta ka di ga ta ki Ta
(4) Sitār is a mandatory and primary instrument of a Kathak dancer.
(5) Pt. Birju Maharaj is the leading exponent of the Lucknow Gharānā of Kathak
(6) There are 24 Gharānās of Kathak
(7) Ᾱvartan is an example of Asamyukta Hasta
(8) Kavitt is composed of bols that have meaning.
(9) Chakkar is the Tablā bol for a Tāl.
(10) A Tihāi is a rhythmic pattern that repeats three times.