KATHAK QUIZ - JUN 2018
MATCH THE FOLLOWING
(1) Aamad (a) Persian word, which means “entrance”
(2) Utpatti (b) Base position with both hands in clasped position
(3) Pushpak (c) Literally means "Stage salutation"
(4) Rangmanch Pranām (d) Both hands move up, make a complete twist rotation as they come down to Utpatti position
(5) Madhya Hasta Chakra (e) One hand at utpatti, other extends on one side of the body, palm facing down.
(6) Kavitt (f) Most other nritta hastaks start from this base position
(7) Sthira (g) Hand moves forward and outward, travels sideways, tracing a circular path
(8) Jugalbandi (h) Composition based on a poem
(9) Naman (i) Shri Ishwari Prasād
(10) Founder of Lucknow Gharana (j) A duet or friendly competition