KATHAK QUIZ - NOV 2018
FILL IN THE BLANKS
(1) The recitation of Bols or syllables with clappings (Tāli and Khāli) indicating the beats of a Tāl is called ______
(2) Teentāl has ____ number of Khāli / empty beats
(3) In _______ dhrishti, eyes are kept still. It is the straight or level glance.
(4) Natarāj Gopi Krishna was a leading exponent of Kathak dance of the ________ Gharānā
(5) The instrument _________ is used as a Kathak dance accompaniment and consists of a pair of drums of contrasting sizes
(6) Asamyukta Hasta _________ represents trident with the index, middle and ring finger held outstretched. Thumb and little finger touch each other at tips
(7) _________ is a delicate to and fro neck movement.
(8) The first beat of a Tāl cycle is called _________
(9) _________ Jāti is constructed from the base two Jātis – tisra and chatusra
(10) Nritta Hasta _________ involves brisk sideways movements/ jerks at the wrist.